STAIN-PROOF® Premium Impregnating Sealer, formerly known as STAIN-PROOF Original™, is an impregnating, invisible and breathable sealer that provides premium long term protection for natural stone, tiles, pavers, concrete, brick,and grout from water and oil-based stains and damage caused by water and dissolved salts. Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean and keep looking good for longer.
Premium Impregnating Sealer is suitable for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor applications in residential and commercial buildings, including building facades, floors, walls, countertops, showers, swimming pool surrounds, patios, garages, kitchens,and entertaining areas.
- Premium water and oil repellence for superior stain protection: Tested in accordance with ISO 10545-14 Determination of resistance to stains Class 5 (highest class).
- Deep penetrating, permanent bonding technology for long-lasting protection. 15 year written performance warranty can be provided if applied by a STAIN-PROOF Accredited Applicator.*
- Provides protection against efflorescence, freeze-thaw, nd salt spalling damage. (NOTE: Softer materials, including limestone, sandstone, nd travertine in a freeze-thaw or saltwater environment need extra protection use DRY-TREAT 40SK™, consolidating sealer.
- Retains natural surface color and finish.
- Treated surfaces are easier to clean and dry quickly even after heavy rain.
- Super breathable: Water vapor escapes freely preventing harmful moisture buildup inside the treated material.
- Suitable for indoor, outdoor, residential and commercial use. Stands up to alkaline cleaners and pressure hosing.
*A 15-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when product applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and surface is maintained regularly using our written maintenance system, as outlined in our warranty document. Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimize absorption.
(note this is not always 'one size fits all', for advanced application tips contact one of our helpful staff)
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24 hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- The product is to be applied without thinning.
- Generously saturate the surface with a product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. The surface should have a mirror-like wet look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- When the surface becomes touch dry, or after a minimum of 10 minutes repeats Step 4. The total application rate is approximately one liter per two to 25 sq. meters (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
- After the final coat, wait approximately 10 minutes but before the surface dries, then polish the surface thoroughly with clean, dry, white cloths, towels or similar to remove excess product, moistening cloth with Premium Impregnating Sealer to ease polishing.
- Use an organic solvent e.g. methylated spirits to clean equipment. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
- The sealer will not prevent surface etching, scuff marks or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. Premium Impregnating Sealer will make the maintenance and cleaning of a treated surface much easier. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
The total application rate is approximately one liter per two to 25 sq. meters (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption. The table of minimum application rate can be used for your reference. Premium Impregnating Sealer must be allowed to cure for at least 3 weeks before undertaking to test.